23 December 2011

Active Baby and Adventure!

I think our little one is quickly becoming more and more excited to come out of my belly than we are to have her out. She is SO active and my stomach constantly looks like it picked up some extra belly dancing lessons when I wasn't paying attention. We've also discovered that moreso this past week Lynlee has enjoyed the pasttime of stretching out horizontally in my belly which is both extremely uncomfortable and amusing at the same time. Chris was able to finally snap a picture of it this afternoon. Her little head is the bulge shown on the right and her little bum is the skyward bulge on the left. Silly baby!
Also in this picture, if you look close enough you can tell how my belly button is [still] off center. I realize that with the lopsided belly this might be a bit difficult, so just pay close attention to the brown line that's going down the center of my tummy and then veers off to the side to hook back up with my belly button. :)
I'm 36 weeks today so not much longer now!

Tuesday the 20th it was exactly one month until her due date. Chris surprised me that night with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cute little card just reminding me of this fun fact and also how much he loves me. He is so great! :)

On another more adventurous note, ZoĆ« caught her first mouse yesterday! Our little huntress has been stalking the bushes and weeds near the back fence for the past few months and this entire time I thought she was hearing grasshoppers or crickets moving around under the dead plants (I went out and sat with her and listened for them too one time). False. I'm now convinced that there is an entire clan of little mice out there and although I do feel bad for the little one she caught and devoured yesterday, I feel a greater comfort knowing we've got a superb defender. We live in the basement apartment and while I can handle the occasional beetle or spider down here (which she also hunts, while Zack runs for cover I might add), I'm not too sure I'd cope well with a mouse on the run!

Oh! More adventure! Chris took Nicole (my little sister from Big Brother Big Sister) and I to see Mission Impossible: 4 on Wednesday - best. movie. ever...At least of the Mission Impossible series. I was looking forward to this movie from the minute I found out they were making a fourth one (the MI series and I have a bit of a thing going on haha) and impatiently waited the however many months it took from that time to get to December. It was totally worth the wait and I'm already busting to see it again.
Something I was really impressed with with this movie was the lack of vulgarity and immorality. It seems as though in almost any and every movie nowdays the movie makers don't think their film is complete without the usual myriad of distasteful language and sexuality on the screen. I am pleased to say that this movie did lack those things (except for two swear words I caught, yet they weren't even the really bad ones) but did not lack in awesomeness. :D

Tonight Chris and I got a Tuscan 6 Cheese Pizza from Papa John's, 2 dessert pizzas, and me a Diet Coke all for under $5! Not bad if I do say so myself, and I do. :) We got a coupon from Groupon for 90% off our pizza and the dessert pizza was only $2.99 from 5 Buck Pizza. Alas! They gave us a nasty fruity kind that Chris loved instead of the deliciousness of the cinnamon kind that we had actually ordered so he went back and they made the right one for us.
The guy that made it for us was such a nice guy! He not only made us a bigger size of our dessert pizza than it was originally supposed to be but Chris explained to him that I had been craving this so when he put the cream cheese glaze on top of it he wrote "Congrats" with it. :)

I am very much looking forward to spending yet another Christmas with my sweet husband. I can't believe it's already our second one together since being married! Chris says that it feels a lot more like Christmas this year than it did last year and I'd have to agree with him (except for the part where there STILL is not any snow on the ground :/ ). I've been reading the Book of Mormon the last little while with the main goal in mind to finish before Lynlee's born and even that small gesture has helped me this season to keep the true meaning and perspective on Christmas. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all travel safely this holiday and have a wonderful Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment