13 June 2012

I Love My Side of the Bed

Every morning Lynlee wakes up around 7*, I get her some breakfast, take a moment to remember how very blessed I am as I look into the crib at her adorable chubby-cheeked smile, and then lay her down beside me in bed** to snuggle up to her before we really begin our day.

*she is such a good sleeper through the night!
**on our full size mattress; I lay her in the middle of Chris and me now since she can roll whenever she darn well pleases

So, with my approx. 2 feet of space on "my side of the bed" that's where I lie. A little cramped to be sure, since Lynlee keeps growing (will she ever stop?!) and our bed is already borderline big enough for Chris and me to begin with, but we are comfortably cramped up to this point. And then Zack comes.

Zack is technically the family's cat, but he's really mine. Chris got him for me for our first Christmas together (he was soo little then and is soo fat now!) and we are very attached to each other. Every night without fail Zack jumps up on the bed within minutes of us laying down to sleep, meows like crazy if I don't pet him within 1.5 seconds ("SSHHH!!! You'll wake the baby!" is our cry in our little one roomed apartment) and proceeds to cuddle up right next to my tummy and there he stays for most of the night.

This repeats itself in the morning time, or at least he tries to repeat it, bless his little furry heart.
Remember how I said that with just Lynlee, Chris, and I laying down we are comfortably cramped? After the baby and I get settled (Chris is still sawing logs p.s.) Zack jumps up on the bed and begins meowing for some lovin'. He doesn't stop (even if by chance Chris wakes up and pets him) until I reach behind me to where he is and pet his head. But he's not content with just that. He prowls around my side of the bed, never even taking a second to consider Chris or his side, until I scoot Lynlee and myself further into the middle and make about 8 inches of room for him on the edge. This apparently is satisfying enough because he curls up to the small of my back and falls right to sleep.
So, to recap, I would estimate our bed at being about 4ish feet wide. Every morning I share my side of the bed with a growing [almost] 5 month old, a tuxedo cat that weighs probably triple that, and myself. And Chris sprawls out on his side of the bed with all the room in the world.
I love it.

Lynlee and Zack
He's always gotta be right there, silly Zack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment